Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm back.

  Three years.
  How have I developed.
  Mastering the random.
  Learning the layering.
  Understanding that the work I do represents how my mind works.
  Being married to a systems engineer I see how I don't think.  I don't connect all the dots.  I can look   at all the dots and try and put them together in a balanced way.

  Art is how I make sense of this life. 

Realizing what I want for someone who is looking at my work.
 What I want for someone who is looking at my work is for that someone to go places.
  Places not always defined by me.

I am working in clay again. Ecstatic is the adjective I use to describe how that makes me feel.
Still finding my way around, relearning technique, realizing where I want to go with the medium.
I am spending a lot of time at Virginia Beach M.O.C.A  It is a wonderful place to work.  The space itself is fantastic.  The people, very willing to share ideas, techniques, and observations.

I will be posting some new work very soon.

No comments: